Since 2009, when the Patrick Henry Caucus was created, the most common question asked by citizens to the Founders of the Caucus has been…”How can I get involved?“ These citizens want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. A REAL difference. We know the feeling. That’s why we started the Patrick Henry Caucus!
The answer is simple…JOIN US! We have begun the battle to fight for Sovereign States’ Rights. Over the past several years, Patrick Henry Caucus citizens and legislators have made significant progress to FIGHT BACK against the federal government’s persistent encroachment into our constitutionally guaranteed rights and freedoms.
The Patrick Henry Caucus Nationwide Expansion
The Patrick Henry Caucus has embarked on a nationwide expansion of its membership. Currently, there are over ten thousand citizens who have joined with us in a common cause. Over the next several months we have asked our citizen members to introduce the Patrick Henry Caucus to FOUR of their friends or acquaintances. We have asked them to introduce these people to this website and have them SIGN UP and join with us. Shortly after that has been accomplished, we will ask those new citizen members to introduce FOUR of their friends to the Patrick Henry Caucus…and so on…and so on…
You can see how quickly we will build a 1,000,000 Minute Men “army” of informed and engaged citizens across Our nation.
HOW WILL WE ACCOMPLISH THIS HERCULEAN TASK? One Step At a Time! (Pick one task, do it, then…pick another.)
1) Sign up for our NEWSLETTER. Communication is a critical component of building a large, active organization. The PATRICK HENRY PRESS (PHP) is the Patrick Henry Caucus’ official news and information source. If the PHC has your email address (with your permission to use it) you will receive the PHP each time it is published. The PHP will contain numerous helpful resources, suggestions, and even periodic “assignments”…a CALL TO ACTION!
2) Talk to you neighbors about the PHC. Casual (or not so casual) discussions with neighbors and acquaintances about the PHC will plant the seeds of curiosity and interest in States’ Rights, federalism, separation of powers, the U.S. Constitution, etc. We have found that many people across the country are concerned about the misdirection of our federal government but don’t know how to FIGHT BACK. Introduce them to this website. Have them JOIN US!
3) Participate in the National Expansion Project. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. There is strength in numbers. Commit to introduce at least FOUR people you know to become citizen members (Minute Men) of the Patrick Henry Caucus. Encourage their timely and active participation in our organization.
4) Donate to the Patrick Henry Caucus. The PHC always appreciates your cash donations. Many citizens and organizations have contributed to the current success of the PHC. We have only begun. The PHC will NEVER use your donation(s) for any purpose other than to uphold and encourage the MISSION and purposes of the Caucus. If you cannot contribute financially to the PHC, there are plenty of other ways to donate (i.e. time, networks, etc.).
5) Contact Your State Lawmakers. Increasing the dialogue between citizens and their legislators is one of the primary functions of the PHC. Some of the issues we are fighting against are emotionally charged and potentially volatile. REMEMBER, in this fight, our State Lawmakers are our allies (PHC was started by five Utah lawmakers). Be considerate and helpful. Volunteer to help your lawmaker(s) find resources (many of these resources will be located on this website) and to provide thoughtful insight on issues and measures. If you don’t know who your lawmaker is, THIS HELPFUL RESOURCE on the PHC WEBSITE will provide contact information for your state legislators. Create a positive relationship with your state’s lawmakers.
6) Tell Your Lawmaker About the Patrick Henry Caucus. Although many lawmakers are familiar with the PHC, many are not. Invite your lawmaker to visit this website and JOIN US! Formalized PHC legislative organizations have started across the nation. The PHC is a legal entity. The PHC has structure and a unified purpose. All Patrick Henry Caucus organizations are expected to abide by the formal BYLAWS approved in each state by the Patrick Henry Caucus National Executive Governing Board. If your state lawmaker(s) have questions about the PHC or how to organize the PHC in your state, have your lawmaker contact Advisor@PatrickHenryCaucus.org. The Special Advisor of the PHC will send a “State Start-up Packet” to your lawmaker(s).
7) Educate Yourself on States’ Rights Issues. Knowledge is Power! Study and understand the U.S. Constitution (get a FREE one HERE). Participate in periodic USTREAM online meetings with Caucus leaders on PHCtv (PHCLive). Keep up with national and state political current events. Talk to your lawmakers and their staff about the “hot” topics.
Talk It Up On Social Media. Social media is a powerful tool. Don’t be afraid of it…use it for the betterment of Our nation. The Patrick Henry Caucus official sites are:
Twitter: @PatHenryCaucus hashtag #PHCusa #LibertyOrDeath #statesfightingback
Facebook: The Patrick Henry Caucus
9) Educate Our Youth. George Washington stated, “A primary object should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a Republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important and what duty more pressing, than communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country.” The rising generation needs to be “schooled” in the proper role of government, the U.S. Constitution, States’ Rights, the Separation of Powers, the Rule of Law, etc. We cannot rely solely on our schools to give Our children a well-rounded political education.
10) Organize PHC Events In Your State & Neighborhood. The PHC can be a small gathering of citizens talking on the sidewalk in front of a house, or, the PHC can be a national online video assembly. The PHC is what We make it. Organize smaller meetings in your area. Take resources from this website and have discussions with neighbors and friends about this cause. Email the Advisor@PatrickHenryCaucus.org for additional ideas about holding local meetings.
11) Live a Virtuous Life. We cannot expect God to provide a country blessed by Him, if we are not willing to live by His mandates. Henry, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and all the Founding Fathers plead for the blessings of Providence…We must, too.
Patrick Henry observed that the battle isn’t necessarily won by the side with the biggest army, or the most firepower…said he, “(t)he battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.”
We must be vigilant. We must be Active. And, we must be brave. We owe it to Our United States.